Thursday, April 24, 2014

Days like today...

Days like today are difficult as a mom but I am so grateful my children are happy and healthy.

Today was a packed day we started off going to the mall to buy the girls sandals for summer. Then ran home to have lunch with Daddy, put the girls to bed. Then I had to wake them up early so I could bring Vivi to her 18 month check up at the Dr. Luckily I was able to drop Bella off at my mom's salon so she could hang out there while I took care of Vivi since I know she is a handful and would be shedding numerous tears from her shots. We were off to the Dr!
Of course as I was trying to keep track of Vivi they made me fill out forms since I just switched Dr.'s even though I had already filled out three survey's online prior to the appointment, had to give my insurance card then a co pay while Vivi was literally taking everything out of my wallet, money flying everywhere. Moments like this I will truely treasure. 
They call "Vivian" which sounds like angels to me. We go into the room which is adorable quilts all over and they have lots of pews, I suppose they were donated. There are zero toys, low mirrors for the kids. It is heaven. 
I truely hated my last dr.'s office because they had tons of toys, a train and all sorts of crap filled with germs and other viruses. 
Vivi was a sweetheart, she was so well behaved and even spoke a few words that the dr understood. She said "you are far beyond your months!"
Vivi is in the 95th% in weight :) and 75th in height.
Our new Dr. Roche is amazing she was like talking to an old friend and she looked just like Elizabeth Shue! I loved everything about Capital Medical Group but I loved their location the most, ittakes about 5 min to get there!
Afterwards, I ordered Moby Dick. Went to go pick it up. Then went to pick up Bella. Came home fed the kids, cleaned the kitchen, attempted to fix a bubble blower but it was broken, turned on an episode of Sophia the First and I had 25 min of pure silence. I regained a bit more energy enough to go take a shower with them after a few sips of red wine. Washed them, lotioned them up, dressed them, changed sheets since Bella leaked during her nap, warmed up milk, read two books and now I am writing! 
My husband was invited to go to see the Nationals game tonight. Boy is he lucky!

Nights like this are hard but they are easy at the same time. They are good girls so they don't give me a hard time, everyone is healthy and happy so I am fine. I am so lucky to have them in my life. Bella makes me laugh harder than I have laughed in years and Vivi is pure sweetness. She makes my heart hurt because she is so precious. I love them to death. I prayed with Vivi tonight that I hope God never takes her away from me while I am still alive and breathing. I hope she lives a long life and she is able to experience the joy I have with my babies. 


No comments:

Post a Comment