Friday, February 5, 2016

Pointless trip to the mall

Today I took Kenny to the mall with me and I was on a hunt for jeans and a new top. Kenny slept from about 8am-10:15am this morning so that left me with about a half hour to find these two items. HA! Yes, of course I walked away with nothing! I even shopped online before I went and found a cute pair of jeans at The Gap but of course when I got there they didn't have them! I then went to Express to look for a nice top, Curt and I have plans to go out for his friend's birthday on Saturday and since I haven't bought anything for myself in Forever I figured I could splurge and buy a shirt...no way...didnt happen. I feel like it is so hard to find anything these days. Maybe I am getting old, maybe I am too conservative, I have no idea but I could not find anything that was remotely cute. So I went to Gymboree to use a gift card, walked away with a pair of adorable overalls and took Mr. Kenny to lunch. He ate spaghetti and meatballs then we had to rush to school to pick up the girls. Maybe I will try again tomorrow but it's pretty hard shopping these days with kids. I feel like I never have any time for myself. Some moms complain that they never have any time for themselves and they have nannies but I literally have no time for myself because I watch my children 24/7! I love my kids to death and would never trust or want anyone else watching them because I love being with them but there are times like this where I wish I just had a few hours to myself just to get a few things done. 

I can't believe my parents live across the street from me and literally never watch or offer to watch my kids. I get it...they have lives. They work ALL the time and they are incredibly busy but I wish they would sometimes help me or offer when they could. It's not easy. 
Tomorrow Vivi has swim in the morning and then Bella has a birthday party afterwards. Then it's nap time so I will have to stay home to watch them while Bella is at her party with Curt. Ugh. Never  enough hours in the day. 
Life is hectic and I know it will only get more crazy as they get older. I guess it's just up to me to figure out how to manage my time better. 
Happy Friday everyone, have a great weekend and try to relax!
I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment