Friday, August 1, 2014

Drive to New York

My best friend from college is getting married tomorrow and I am finding myself writing at 11:30 at night before bed. I am usually in bed at 9:00 or 10:00 at the latest but hey it's a wedding! I was just thinking about my day with my husband. We drove for six hours in the car together and it was so pleasant to have time alone with him to talk about things we needed to talk about but never really have time because the kids are cutting us off or just because we don't have time in general. Today we sat in the car, we laughed, we were self deprecating and we had fun with each other. I really miss my husband sometimes. I miss that we don't have the time we used to have together just one on one. I love him with all my heart and soul and I feel so lucky to have him as my husband and the father of my two beautiful children. I love our conversations and I wouldn't want to be with anyone else in the world for six hours straight. We didn't argue once, we didn't get annoyed or frustrated even when we were sitting in bumper to bumper traffic and were almost late to the rehearsal. I honestly think we were just happy to have some alone time on the road with out any worries or any children to look after. 
I miss my girls already but sometimes it is really nice to have time away to recharge our batteries and reconnect. 
That's all. Goodnight 

No comments:

Post a Comment