Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Mommy meltdown

Last Friday was not the best day for me. I had two sick kids who would not stop coughing and Bella had been up all night on and off to the point of Curt just sleeping in her room. That day Bella was coughing so much she couldn't fall asleep for her nap time and I was beat. Days like that are so exhausting and feel like they never end. Luckily Curt came home early that day so I grabbed my bag and told Curt I needed a personal night. I called my best friend and cried to her for about ten minutes like a baby. I know life isn't that bad but sometimes you just need a break and you need to breath. 
I had not left the house in over a week and felt like the walls were caving in on me. 
I went to get a manicure/pedicure which was completely relaxing and then I went to Capital Grille sat down at the bar and had a salad in peace and quiet. I ended up making a girlfriend at the bar and we talked about ebola and other adult like things instead of the nightly conversation about Sofia the first and saying "please eat your food" a million times. 
Afterwards I went to Bloomingdales and bought myself a new pair of beautiful fall/winter boots and I can't wait to wear them. 
I felt a zillion times better after that so I headed home at 8:30 😬 and got in bed. 

Thank God that day is over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment