Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Give Thanks this month and every month!

Last week I started a Give Thanks tree for the kids. Every time they do something kind I let them put a leaf on the tree. It's still a little bare but slowly we are getting more and more leaves. 

The girls painted the leaves with fall colors. I will post a picture of what it looks like at the end of November. 
I really need to pick up some books on Thanksgiving. Our prayers every night before we go to bed mainly consist of giving thanks and not asking for anything from God. That has seemed to help me each and every year and I want my children to give prayers of thanks to God each day. If I ask for help or want something I typically ask for guidance from God. I want to always give thanks for everything we have because I feel like we are so blessed in so many ways. 
I love this month and everything it stands for, family, giving thanks and food- some of my favorite things! Not to mention the fact that this is the start to Christmas my favorite holiday of the year. Curt and I decided we will decorate the week of Thanksgiving just so we can get in that extra time week of Christmas!! Now my only question is how will we make a tree survive for a whole month or maybe a little longer? Every year we talk about how much more realistic it would be for us to buy a fake tree so the kids can be rough with it, no needles and having it last much longer (obviously) but we just can't seem to do it. It's so fun to pick out a tree and having that fresh pine smell in your house!
I can't wait to celebrate this Christmas we have so much to look forward to. 


No comments:

Post a Comment