Sunday, December 20, 2015

Trying to fight this cold

One thing about being a mommy is that you always have to go to work. No. Matter. What!!!
I am trying so hard to get rid of this cold that I am getting. It's not even completely here yet but my glands are swollen and I am exhausted. I just feel so run down, I feel like I never get a minute to breathe sometimes. 
It's hard because as mothers we always have to be the strong one and the one who is up for anything and everything. I think it's really taken a toll on me though, I need to relax and slow down. Doesn't it just seem impossible though during the holidays? Parties, pageants, cookie gatherings, light shows, visiting santa, shopping, decorating, entertaining, wrapping, wiping dirty noses...the list goes on and on. It's all so much fun and we don't want to miss out on any of it. 

So far today I have taken a pack of emergenC, my normal vitamins, day quil, and two Zicam rapidmelts. Ugh!! I just want it to go away by tomorrow. Curt has back surgery tomorrow and I can not be sick for it! He has been in pain for years and this surgery is not even 100% proof that he will be completely healed. It's not a serious surgery but it's surgery. Hopefully he will be walking in a day or two after tomorrow but we will see! This week is going to be too crazy and I really can't afford to be sick. After Christmas his parents and family are coming on Sunday which will be interesting seeing how his sister is getting their kids a puppy and they are bringjng the puppy down for the 3.5 hr long car ride. Yikes. 
Happy Holidays everyone!!!

We have been trying to have some fun staying indoors as much as possible this weekend since everyone has runny noses and coughs. Kenny is on an antibiotic right now so he is doing much better! This past week was a little chaotic to say the least. 

Already playing rough with Kenny and be is loving every minute of it. 

Lots of naps!

We started our gingerbread village 

And we went for drives around Maryland looking at Christmas lights all the while staying warm in the car!





The girls loved the Gaithersburg lights they were oohing and ahhhing the whole car ride. I love how we have already made so many family traditions just this year alone! Looking forward to many more Christmases to come! Xo





No comments:

Post a Comment