Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Sad few days

Well my grandmother passed away on Sunday at 4:10pm Honduran time. I was downstairs playing with the girls and fiddling with our new T.V. I came upstairs to check my phone and she was gone. 

Mama had a lot of issues going on throughout the last few weeks up to the day she died. She had alzheimer's, her pancreas, kindney's, intestines, gallbladder and heart were all failing. My aunts and uncle were all so upset but they knew what they had to do. Everything in her body was shutting down so they had to pull the plug within five minutes after they pulled the plug she was gone. Everyone in Honduras is there for her so we are happy about that but all the grandchildren are not there which makes us all sad. I wish I could have said goodbye to her and given her a hug and kiss. We all have little children so it would be impossible for us to fly down immediately but atleast our aunt and uncle have each other. It's been a sad few days for me but I know she is happy where she is and I know God will take care of her in heaven. 

We were all very close to my grandma. We were at her house weekly growing up. We loved to go to her house she lived near a creek and we would always go play with the fish in the creek and explore. My grandma was an amazing cook she was always in the kitchen making us something. She would also always have cookies for us when we would visit. Last night I was reading a Christmas story to Bella and a family was looking at their nativity set. It reminded me of my grandma's nativity and how she always put a cotton ball over baby Jesus until Christmas she would take it off. My grandmother loved each of us so much. I hope to remember little things about her and write them down so I dont forget so I can share them with my children. Bella was able to spend a lot of time with her as an infant. Mama never met Vivi but my mom always told her so much about her and she wanted to meet her so badly. 

We will miss you Mama you will always be in our hearts and in our minds. We love you more than you will ever know! 


No comments:

Post a Comment