Thursday, January 7, 2016

Bible lesson

Today I was reading a story to Bella from her children's bible, the story about when Mary and Joseph met and the angel told Mary that she would have a baby. Bella asked me "how did the baby get into her stomach?" I told her that the angel put the baby in her stomach, it was a miracle from God.
She said how did God do that?
I said, "well, God is very magical. He has special powers that no one else has and he performs miracles. That's why it's so important to pray to God and believe in him because we never know when we might need a miracle."
I love Bella's questions, she really thinks about everything I read to her and she is very intuitive. She is one of my greatest miracle's. I am so grateful for all of my children they are all such a gift from God. I hope that they continue to pray and believe in a greater power for the rest of their lives. Faith is so important to me and so is prayer. 
I have changed the way I pray with my children at night. I don't say the Lord's prayer or any catholic prayers anymore bc I want them to learn how to have a relationship with The Lord. I want them to talk to God and tell him about their day, to thank him for everything they are given some things that we should not take for granted like the roof over our head and the food in our belly. I want them to always thank God so they know not to pray to God when they are desperate and in need but to give thanks daily. 
Even though we may not go to mass every Sunday I am trying to instill core values of being kind and having faith in God.



No comments:

Post a Comment