Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Funeral

On Friday I went to a friend's funeral. I knew her from high school and we were facebook friends. We lived in the same area but never got together. She was only 32 years old and died over a medical condition, what? I do not know and did not want to ask the family. 
I felt so bad for her family members to lose someone so young, a beautiful girl who had not married or had any children. It is just so sad. It was nice to see some friends from high school some her age, some my year and some girls a year above me. I think it's just nice to know that some people care enough to come to your funeral to show your love and sympathy for the family. It's never easy going to a funeral, in fact I really didn't want to go and I wasn't close to her but I felt in my heart that I needed to go to give the family my condolences. 
I think her mother appreciated it.
I know I would have.

Life is so short, enjoy every minute of it and be thankful! You never know what card you will be dealt. 

That morning I was driving home from dropping the girls off at school and I heard the song "tiny dancer" by Elton John and it made me cry for some reason. It's never made me cry before but it spoke to me. I turned up the radio and sang along.
Then after the one person (her boss) spoke about her at the funeral he ended with 

"And I would have liked to have known you
But I was just a kid
Your candle burned out long before
Your legend ever did." By Elton John


No comments:

Post a Comment