Saturday, November 30, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013



Happy Thanksgiving!!

Thanksgiving was amazing! It was our first Thanksgiving in our new home and it was beautiful! The food was so delicious, everyone did a great job with what they brought and I have to give lots of thanks to my mom for teaching me how to make the turkey this year. Usually I help her with one side dish but this year I actually watched the whole process and I have to tell you it doesn't look as difficult as I thought it would be. I am going to try to make a turkey for Curt's family over Christmas however I am going to do something different that my mom doesn't do and I am going to brine it before. The turkey was so good it probably doesn't need it at all but I thought it would be interesting to see what all this brining business is all about. Bella watched her Grammy stuff the turkey while she ate apples. She even offered her a glass of wine (not my proudest moment) but hey she is a sponge and at least she was being a good hostess. Vivi played with her cousins and was happy as usual.
I am so thankful for everyone at this table and everyone at the kiddie table, I think we have been incredibly lucky the past few years. It was nice to have said grace at the table this year and tell everyone what I am so thankful for.




















No comments:

Post a Comment